- Prepare a baking pan by brushing the pan with a thin layer of butter and place a layer of plastic wrap on the pan
- Combine the sugar, salt, butter, whole milk, heavy cream and light corn syrup in a sauce pot and begin to heat it over low heat, stirring often.
- Brush the sides of the pot down with clean water to remove any undissolved sugar that builds up
- When the liquid is hot, whisk in the cocoa powder and coffee
- Wipe down the sides of the pot again with your brush and clean water
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and stop whisking
- Let the mixture cook to 234ºF
- Remove the sauce pot from the heat and let it sit for 30 seconds to allow the boiling to settle
- Pour the fudge into a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and add the chocolate chips
- Begin mixing on the slowest speed until it thickens and just starts to lose its shine – this is going to take about 10-minutes depending on the batch size, speed of the mixer and temperature in your kitchen.
- Pour the fudge into the baking pan and let it sit for a minute or two and then cover it with another layer of plastic wrap
- Let the fudge set in the fridge for 30-minutes to 1 hour
- Once set, remove the fudge from the mold by running the mold upside down under hot water
- Trim the fudge and cut as desired
Recommended Coffee for the Caffé Mocha Fudge: Organic Sumatran Blend
Organic Sumatran Blend – A dark roast that boasts a full-bodied ﬂavor of roasted almond with a sweet and smooth ﬁnish. By sourcing Organic Certiﬁed coffee, we can proudly ensure our beans are carefully handled from origin to roaster.